FRMSc LIMITED IMPROVES BUSINESS PERFORMANCE THROUGH MANAGEMENT OF
FRMSc supplies research, tools and advice to enable organisations to implement Fatigue Risk Management principles.
WHAT FRMSc DO
FRMSc is a research organisation that develops tools and processes to manage occupational alertness as well as providing advice and training.
In the airline industry, FRMSc has developed and markets the System for Aircrew Fatigue Evaluation (SAFE) model. This model is a cloud based solution that measures the likely fatigue in pilots of commercial, business jet and cargo operations. It has been recently enhanced to accommodate cabin crew who have a significant difference in fatigue profile from pilots. This model is the Cabin crew Alertness and Rest Evaluation (CARE) model.
FRMSc conducts research programmes to expand knowledge of human fatigue, how to measure and manage it. Fatigue studies are available to measure and describe fatigue levels of any employee group.
ABOUT THE FRMSc TEAM
The team of Directors and scientific associates at FRMSc, led by Douglas Mellor and Dr Barbara Stone, have worked with the elements of Fatigue Risk Management Systems (FRMS) for well over 30 years.
The Directors of FRMSc have core knowledge, skills and experience in the science of sleep, fatigue and business transformation processes having served the transportation industries as well as defence, health, oil and gas and other safety conscious industries for many decades. FRMSc collaborates closely with a cadre of associates who have operational experience in aviation (including rostering) as well as having key competences in psychology, risk management, mathematics, modelling, and IT development.
FRMSC has :
- Scientific knowledge of Human Factors including aviation medicine, sleep and neuroscience.
- Operational experience of transport and manufacturing industries, particularly airlines. Operational experience in aviation includes, Low Cost Carriers, Long Haul, Ultra Long Haul, Short Haul, Cargo, Business Jets and Emergency Services. Studies into the drivers of fatigue have been completed in the maritime and rail industries too.
- Implementation experience of proprietary, evidenced based, data driven, continuous improvement management processes for Fatigue Risk Management Systems for over a decade.
- Skills in applying Mathematics and Statistics to human alertness in aviation and other transportation systems.
The team has contributed significantly to industry best practice by:
- Creating the predictive System for Aircrew Fatigue Evaluation (SAFE) bio-mathematical model for pilots, the Cabin crew Alertness and Rest Evaluation (CARE) model for cabin crew and the Fatigue Risk Index (FRI) for shift workers and locomotive crew. The SAFE and CARE models are hosted as an integrated system on the same cloud based hosting platform.
- Developing a Fatigue And Countermeasures Training (FACT) programme and an Advanced FRMS implementation training programme with UK Civil Aviation Authority.
- Founding and directing the FRMS Forum to freely share information with member organisations in promoting the management of occupational alertness.
WHERE ARE WE?
FRMSc is domiciled in Farnham, England close to Farnborough, Gatwick and Heathrow but are available to work virtually and face-to-face across the world and in any time zone. Please contact us for further information or to talk to us informally about your requirements.